My mission is to provide affordable and high quality healthcare for the children of the Antelope Valley. As such, I am a proud participant of the Care1st Health Families Program. It’s a program that offers low cost health and vision coverage to children who do not have any insurance and who do not qualify for no-cost Medi-Cal.
To enroll, parents/rightful guardians must complete a Healthy Families application form. This is an important step in getting coverage for the child[ren].
- Parents may request an application form by calling the Care1st Health Plan Member Services Department at 1-800-605-2556.
- If assistance is needed to complete the application Care1st will also provide parents with the names of Certified Application Assistants in their area who will help at no cost.
- Parents wishing to enroll their children with Care1st must write in plan code 1028 in Section A of the form.
- Completed applications must include copies of all required documents and the first month’s premium and be mailed in the appropriate supplied envelope to the Healthy Families Program.
- The Healthy Families Program will process the submitted application within 14 calendar days. Those determined to be eligible will receive a letter of notification outlining the effective date of coverage. A welcome phone call will also be made notifying parents of their child[ren]’s acceptance.
- Once eligibility is established, the child[ren] will be covered for 12 months.
If you have further questions about enrolling in this program, you may also contact us at 661-951-7888.